In my last post, I posted my goals for the new year. This year my goals were different from any other year; this year, these are things I really want to happen. In the past I have wanted things to happen, but have never had my heart in them.
So what does progress look like with my 2014 resolutions?
- Marathon training will officially begin next week, so I am excited to start tackling the first goal on my list.
- The CrossFit Open begins at the end of February, this kid will be signing up soon! My coaches have been encouraging me to do this for a while, so I am really excited to get going. My strengths: pistols, pull ups, Olympic lifting. My weaknesses: toes-to-bar, push ups, handstand push ups (I can do 5 with one ab mat…strength, weakness, or somewhere in between I’m not sure). I have been nailing all bullet points on this goal, which I am very proud of and has really been showing through on my skills.
- Paleo has been tough with some recent travel, Super Bowl parties, and just life. However, I am always thinking about paleo and when I make a poor decision, it is a conscious decision, which I would count as progress because it’s not mindless eating. For the most part I have been doing a good job preparing breakfast and snack items on the weekends. Leftovers don’t seem to last too long in this household, so I still opt to make meals each night rather then prep at the beginning of the week.
- Without even thinking about it, I have been doing about 15 minutes of organization/cleaning each afternoon when I get home. I feel like I can just never stay on top of things, so baby steps are the only way.
- So far I have been leaving my savings alone…boom. Now to keep it going for the next 11 months of the year.